Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Refashion: The Cropped Pant

I liked the cropped pants on this jumpsuit... how they hit just below the knee. It's a little different length than the other cropped pants/shorts I have.

I had this pair of pants below that are linen. I like how they fit at the waist and hips, but they were too short to be pants and only tied on one side so they hung funny when they were rolled up. So I chopped them off, moved the ties higher and made a casing for elastic to gather the bottom.
Now I might actually wear these pants again. Thanks again to my 5-year-old photographer. I actually kind of liked the unusual angles and cropping that resulted. The rain was just beginning to fall as we were taking some pics. You can see the drops on the ground. It turned into quite the summer down-pour. Mmmnnn. I love the smell of rain.

6 comments:

Karin van Dam said...

Great refashion. I really like the pants this lenght, I think it looks really elegant.

And great hat by the way :-)

Sal-my-gal said...

Seriously, why are you not a model? Cute pants. I want some. That is my idea of the perfect lenghth. A lot of cropped pants and capris just look like you didn't buy long enough pants. Love 'em!

Coupon Person said...

I've said this before, but I LOVE your creations.

Angela Brian said...

what if great idea.

yours turned out perfect!

oh and i love your last blog post about the cute etsy shop with the super simple, yet lovele, buttons.

-ang

greensubmarinediydesign.blogspot.com

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Cute! Came over from girl creative. I will have to stay awhile and look at everything you have done.

Stop by sometime.

I am hosting a month long Christmas in July event for homemade gifts, I love the stuff I have seen of yours so far!

Just Another Day in Paradise

Jasmine said...

That is such a cute idea! Thanks for your ideas!! =)