Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Sweet Tooth

I saw this cute idea for a Halloween craft over at A Pumpkin and a Princess. I thought it would be a fun thing to do with my daughter while her big sis was at school and little sister slept. She did a great job painting the pots for me.

I couldn't find the round tea light holders in the right scale so I ended up using empty salsa jars for two of them and a marshmallow creme jar for the third. In this shape I think they look more like lanterns than a gumball machine... even better for Halloween. I just need to find some thin wire to wrap around the top of the jar to look like a lantern handle and some Halloween ribbon to dress up the base a little.

Big sis wants to be my helper too... she wants to help me eat all the candy!

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

They turned out really awesome! Love the lantern idea you are going with. Like me you have empty jars about just waiting to become something special. Your daughter did a great job painting!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/