Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Little Girl Gift: Treasure Box

I guess we're pretty girlie girls around here, but we love pink, sparkles and all kinds of little treasures. My girls will beg me for any kind of box or container that I might be throwing out to keep their little treasures in. If that sounds like someone you know, this is an easy project for you. I found these small lunch-box type tins a the dollar store in Christmas themes. I know they have white ones at the craft supply stores too, but hey, these were $1. We spent a fun afternoon covering these with pretty paper, glitter, ribbons and flowers. Since my niece had a birthday this month we made one for her too. (See my cute, if reluctant, models?) Just the right size for little collections.


For my niece, I also made some of these arm warmers from knee-high socks using the same method as the baby legs here. Then added her favorite, gum & candy.

No comments: